domingo, 18 de abril de 2010

Journalism and Democracy

I was visiting diferent wepages, where they talk about new media and the "customers power" and I just realized about another difficulty that participatory journalism represents to journalist. The supposed Democracy.

The real example was told by Guillermo Lopez at "VII Jornadas: Blogs y Medios de Granada". He talks about Eduardo Inda, Marca's director. In a way I agree with him, this man is extremely sensastionalist, he actually is harms Real Madrid launching repetitive smear campains against referees or Barcelona staff. I also believe that his journalism career isn't important enough to have this kind of job and Marca is becoming a tabloid paper when it was a "pro-Madrid" media but serious and rigourous a time ago. Eduardo Inda doesn't seem to me a great journalist.
Otherwise, I think the campain against him is pretty inflated too. He's wrong in many of his stances but the group against him is mistaken too. As Guillermo Lopez says and I have personally seen it, there is people who just are waiting for a Inda's new opinion or videoblog to contanstly blame himself or critize without respecting Marca staff. Then, Marca website unaprove this coment and the "big snow ball" increase.
I mean, I am not a Inda's fan but I put myself on his shoes and believe I couldn't work or even live with an almost 20.000 member facebook group against me!!!... I think it must be crazy. What the question here is: who is less democratic, Marca deleting coments or this group of "hooligans" using (in a wrong way) their freedom?. I attached the link below, watch and review


It is actually Democracy, what we are talking about?




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario